Re: [NTLK] 2100 not starting (was: Hi everybody. I'm new here)

From: DJ Vollkasko (DJ_Vollkasko_at_gmx.net)
Date: Thu Nov 03 2005 - 13:10:07 PST

Subject: Re: [NTLK] 2100 not starting (was: Hi everybody. I'm new
here)
From: giorgio razzano <gi_ramondo () yahoo ! co ! uk>
Date: 2005-11-03 9:40:52

> --- Frank Gruendel <fg2_at_pda-soft.de> wrote:
>
>> Do what I describe at the top of this page
>>
>> http://www.pda-soft.de/2x00_disassemble.html
>
> OK, I have done what Frank said:
> - hard reset: it worked, but the MP2100 chimes and turn itself off
> after half a second, then it turn itself on, chimes and another time
> off after a while and so on for at least 12 times, then nothing
> more...
> What's the next step? suggestions?

1. Hook up to charger again. Try another 10 times after a while. Maybe
some index issue that gets resolved by and by... Or batts and cap
working the sand in the gears off. ;=}
2. You never told us if you had the AC supply plugged in during your
atttempts, or how old the battery cell is. Now would be a good time to
tell.
3. Are any PC Cards in the Newton? Have you removed them like I told
you?
4. Maybe a package on internal store gives you problems. You can start
the Newton with ALL packages deactivated--reboot Newton, and after the
chime, tap on the middle of the left side of the display. You'll be
asked something like "Deactivate Packages in store Internal?", then tap
Yes. What happens then? (BTW, you can not only deactivate the internal
store this way: if you tap that spot again, deactivate stuff in the
lower external, and tap again, then upper external store...)

If the error persists and there is nothing at the FAQ or Frank's
website that you haven't tried, write to Frank off-list and send him
your Newton for a checkup. He can also recell your battery and work
other sweet magic foryour Newton.

D.