[NTLK] [TotallY OT] but what a riot!

From: mkow1234_at_aol.com
Date: Thu Nov 17 2005 - 15:11:48 PST

Dear Newtontalk list members:

I would like to apologize to the rest of the list members for getting a bit peeved earlier and sharing my feelings honestly. I visit this listing several times a day for my Newton fix, and it is very frustrating to sift through the postings, only to have to read idealistic tripe about Apple's next big thing, or something funny somebody saw on 'The Register.com', etc. It's okay once in a while, but really, things seem to get really out of control quite fast.

I try to sit on my hands patiently while the Apple people go on about I don't know what discussing some piece of mysterious Apple hardware or software that probably two-thirds of us have never used. I know that sooner or later, the topic will come back to Newtons. I try to learn something from those few IT people that do more than try to prove how much more they know than the next IT guru. Sooner or later, the topic will come back to Newtons.

I am thankful for the 1% of list members, whose continual efforts help to support the other 99% of us. I strongly believe that each and every one of us should contribute something beneficial to the Newton Community at least once during our membership here. It doesn't have to be a new piece of software, a hardware hack, or even an eBook. Maybe some of you use a particular program extensively and have some special insight to share on using the program. Sharing such findings could benefit other users and make our community knowledge base that much stronger. I see the lack of individual participation as a sign of weakness within the community. (People that never give anything back, yet are always asking for a handout on Newtontalk p!$$ me off almost as much as the eBay wh_at_res). The extremely off-topic postings just highlight the problem. Please focus, people!

Warmest regards,

Matt K.