Re: [NTLK] [TotallY OT] but what a riot!

From: Steve Leighton (olsofty_at_snet.net)
Date: Thu Nov 17 2005 - 18:30:48 PST

"... I visit this listing several times a day for my Newton fix, and it is
very frustrating to sift through the postings, only to have to read
idealistic tripe ... I try to sit on my hands patiently while the Apple
people go on about I don't know what discussing some piece of mysterious
Apple hardware or software that probably two-thirds of us have never used.
..."

Like, maybe, 5-1/4" floppy drives?

I think that's just the nature of mailing lists. This one seems to allow a
fairly free exchange of technical ideas which is great. And, it seems to
avoid political and religious debates, which is also great. I've made faux
pas here (such as replicating an entire posting) and was gently rebuked, and
rightly so. There's always the archives on the web site to avoid so much
sifting.