Re: [NTLK] need help setting up wifi

From: Matt Howe (matthowe_at_comcast.net)
Date: Sun Oct 02 2005 - 20:18:19 PDT

I also am having some problems. I have a Lucent Turbo Bronze card for the
Newton and a D-Link DI-524 for the router/wireless access point. The
Wireless works fine as my Notebook computer can surf over it. I currently
have all encryption turned off in the D-Link. In the Lucent, I have tried
DHCP, but get an error finding the DHCP server. If I use a static IP
everything seems to work, it resolves the name to an IP address, but nothing
ever comes through. IE. using SimpleMail it resolves the IP, says it checks
for Email but finds nothing. When I check the mail account using my Newton
and a regular Ethernet card, it finds and downloads the Email. So any help,
especially step by step from someone using this setup, would be greatly
appreciated.

Matt "Ducky" Howe
matthowe_at_comcast.net
http://mywebpages.comcast.net/mhowe41/