Re: [NTLK] operating system

From: Norman Palardy (npalardy_at_great-white-software.com)
Date: Tue Oct 04 2005 - 10:41:49 PDT

On Oct 04, 2005, at 11:19 AM, Apostolos Koutropoulos wrote:

> I must say that Cell Phone addressbooks and datebooks stink big time -
> compared to PDA addressbooks. I started using a smartphone in 2001 and
> swore
> that I would never go back to a plain old phone - ever again :)

I never said they were "great" ... just good enough to be widely used
in cell phones
Personally I hated trying to type on a 10 digit keyboard and enter
names .... blyech !

> I don't know how well PDAs are selling - smartphones are doing well
> though
> from what I hear

Palm's sales have been off. RIM's sales have slowed
Not sure if HP and Dell report numbers of units sold.

But, they are not ubiquitous items like cell phones.

I suspect they have done what the Newton did where it is absolutely the
right device in numerous vertical segments but not a general consumer
device like a cell phone.