Re: [NTLK] newtontalk Digest V5 #494

From: hellsop_at_ninehells.com
Date: Fri Oct 07 2005 - 11:37:47 PDT

On Fri, Oct 07, 2005 at 07:02:57AM -0400, Steve wrote:
> I think Woody used the term freezer, not microwave! The goal here is
> to make it cold so the thermistor will agree that the battery is not
> too hot to be recharged.

[clarifying for posterity]
Well, give it more charging time before it DOES get too hot which might
get the battery charged enough that the Newt recognizes it's not totally
dead. This doesn't revitalize a battery, but might be useful to get a
battery that hasn't been used for years (or never used) functioning. If
you need this with a battery used anytime in the prior year or two, it's
time to recell instead.

--
47. If I learn that a callow youth has begun a quest to destroy me, I will
    slay him while he is still a callow youth instead of waiting for him to