Re: [NTLK] newtontalk Digest V5 #494

From: Steve (macintosh_at_globetrotter.net)
Date: Fri Oct 07 2005 - 04:02:57 PDT

I think Woody used the term freezer, not microwave! The goal here is
to make it cold so the thermistor will agree that the battery is not
too hot to be recharged.
As for other comments, maybe the eMate circuitry is broken to
recharge the battery, but I'll tryed this before doing any work on
the MLB and I would test the battery with a voltmeter.

Anyway, if it is a new eMate you got, you would do (I hope The
rebuilt of the hinge (see http://www.pda-soft.de/
emate_disassemble.html and http://www.inventors-emporium.co.uk/pages/
newton-emate-hinge.html) so when doing this, you could validate the
state of the MLB.

I have now started the rebuild of one of my battery pack (have 2
eMates). I just need to find new battery and some otehr material to
continue. That does not look very complicated.