Re: [NTLK] OT: why not the Palm T|X, though it has appeal

From: John Hay (OceanCity_at_mac.com)
Date: Thu Oct 13 2005 - 07:10:10 PDT

I find it very intriguing that even how diverse our personal habits and
tastes may vary, we have all chosen the same device to work with on a
daily basis, the Newton.

Greg's want for a small form-factor is in direct opposition to my need
to read what's on the screen on the Newton's present size which for _me_
is perfection incarnate. On the other hand I would not use an iPod if it
were larger than it's current size 'cuz it wouldn't fit in my front
pants pockets.

Yet we both use the Newton, because with all its faults, as many or few
as can be itemized, it is of no consequence to the overall benefits the
Newton continues to reliably deliver day after day.

John

p.s. ....as much as a color screen could be a little on the tacky
side, eats up batteries, requires more operating system overhead, a
color Newton screen sure would be nice. Alas, I can't imagine a better
interface nor a simpler more powerful overall sidegun.

10/13/05 Goodwin, Greg P. issued the following and I have taken
literary license to pass it along on a "Need to Know Basis" . . . ?