Re: [NTLK] Defragging Newton

From: oliver.brose_at_t-online.de
Date: Thu Oct 13 2005 - 08:23:22 PDT

>From: "John Hay" <OceanCity_at_mac.com>
>Date: Thu, 13 Oct 2005 07:37:43 -0400

> is it prudent or even of any value whatsoever to do a soft
>reset on a Newton simply s a matter of routine maintenance from time to
>time, say once a week or so? TIA, John

No, I don't think so. The Newton will let you know when it wants a
reset ;) What I *do* do as a sort of housekeeping is to back-up to
card (actually I make at least two backups), hard-reset & restore
once or twice a year. It might be placebo but the Newt does feel
snappier afterwards.

Oliver

--
"We used to be afraid of comets. The dinosaurs should have been
afraid of comets. Now it is the comet's turn to be afraid,"