[NTLK] Defragging Newton

From: John Hay (OceanCity_at_mac.com)
Date: Thu Oct 13 2005 - 04:37:43 PDT

Obviously there is a time and a place to do a soft reset when something
on the Newton isn't working right, and I have not yet run into any
circumstance which a soft reset did not cure. I am trying my best to
*limit* the number of pkgs installed so as not to complicate the
possibilities of corruption.

My question is, unlike a hard drive which benefits from good
housekeeping by running DiskWarrior and Resetting Permissions, etc. from
time to time, is it prudent or even of any value whatsoever to do a soft
reset on a Newton simply s a matter of routine maintenance from time to
time, say once a week or so? TIA, John