Re: [NTLK] iTunes plugin

From: Adriano (adriano.angelillis_at_gmail.com)
Date: Thu Oct 13 2005 - 10:58:55 PDT

I can't imagine if this could be of help,
but what about taking conatct with guys who make this?

http://www.pocketmac.net/products/pmpsp/

Could they have the right answers maybe?

Adriano

Il giorno 13/ott/05, alle ore 19:15, Morgan Aldridge ha scritto:

Unfortunately, not only are songs downloaded from the iTunes music
store compressed with the AAC (Advanced Audio Coding) codec from the
MPEG-4 standard and wrapped with a proprietary DRM (Digital Rights
Management) method called FairPlay, Apple no longer supports the
iTunes Device Plug-in SDK nor will provide it to anyone.
The MP3 support for the Newton had to be throttled back to support
the slower processor speed and MPEG-4, especially AAC requires even
more processing power.

I contacted Apple two or three months ago regarding the iTunes Device
Plug-in SDK as I was looking to develop two plug-ins: one for the
Sony PSP and one for the Newton. There's no route forward on that one
without reverse engineering the API and trying to keep up with Apple
as they modify it. Maybe worth it, but most likely not.

Sorry it's not good news. :\

Morgan Aldridge

--
morgant_at_makkintosshu.com