[NTLK] Netwons to make appearance at hacker convention

From: DJ Vollkasko (DJ_Vollkasko_at_gmx.net)
Date: Tue Oct 18 2005 - 13:08:39 PDT

Subject: [NTLK] Netwons to make appearance at hacker convention
From: John Skinner <john () johnskinner ! net>
Date: 2005-10-18 5:24:53

>Anything else anybody can think to show to impress an elite
>hacker crowd?

Don't know any elite people, but install everything you'd need for a
Bluetooth config, and see if you can borrow an card and set that up.

See if you can get hold of a compatible Ethernet card and browse the
web, check your mail, fire up a terminal app, log on to your server,
and then repeat the same with VNC. If I'd see that stuff happen all
within five (fifty) minutes (hours), plus hwr plus rotating screen
display plus some gorgeous illustrated ebooks (want some brandnew
stuff, drop me a line and get some previews...) and wouldn't have known
the Newton before, I'd be stunned. And then tell 'em -- while you play
some nice DJ Frontalot tracks off MadMax (ask Matt K. for that kewl
Nerdcore stuff, he converted that for the Newtie) to them geeks -- that
if you could afford Wifi and driver, you'd ha' done them stunts with no
strings attached.

John, see if you can recruite some developers. I'd just LOVE to see
some network diagnostic apps come to the Newton, some Sniffer packages
or a DIY-like Fluke tool with two Ethernet cards installed... Would
rock seriously. More stupid ideas at the Wiki's Software Wishlist
http://tools.unna.org/wikiwikinewt/index.php/SoftwareWishlist ...
    Another popular wish is ssh.

Cheers,

DJV.