Re: [NTLK] Wireless for the 2100

From: Matt Howe (matthowe_at_comcast.net)
Date: Sat Oct 29 2005 - 11:03:37 PDT

No, Hiroshi's list (http://www.ff.iij4u.or.jp/~ngc/eng/newtwave.htm)
specifically says that only version one WPC11 cards work. But he does list a
great number of cards that work.

WEP is an encryption protocol that wireless routers use to prevent anyone
from using them. They can run wide open (as mine is right now) or with a
level of WEP to keep out users without a valid password. Once I get the WEP
working, I will re-secure my wireless network.

Matt "Ducky" Howe
matthowe_at_comcast.net
http://mywebpages.comcast.net/mhowe41/

<snip>
Do you think a version 4 might work? I saw a version 4 for sale on an
auction site here in Poland and might buy it, although at a high
price, if I know it will work.

Is there a site that outlines compatible Newton Wireless Cards for
the Newton?

Alex