Re: [NTLK] Getting Things Done (GTD)

From: Steven Frank (stevenf_at_panic.com)
Date: Thu Sep 08 2005 - 15:58:30 PDT

On Sep 1, 2005, at 3:16 PM, bill bennett wrote:

> I depart from GTD by having three or four todos
> linked to each project rather than a single Next
> Action.

Actually, GTD encourages multiple next actions on a project, if they
can be done in parallel!

Just to feed this thread, because I like hearing about other people's
organizational systems too, here is a piece I recently wrote on how
I'm (trying to) implement GTD using my Mac and a Treo 650.

<http://stevenf.com/mt/archives/2005/08/mac_and_palm_gt_1.php>

Overall, I'd call it successful, but nowhere near as seamless as it
should be.

It is embarrassingly easy to crash the Treo, and few things suck more
than explaining to befuddled onlookers that my PHONE CRASHED and I
now have to RESTART it by removing the battery cover and sticking the
stylus up its backside. I'm really tempted to (for the umpteenth
time) ditch the smartphone for a dumbphone + Newton combo. (I've
been flip-flopping on this very issue for, oh, at least 4 years,
maybe longer.)

I would sorely miss the Treo's web and email capabilities though. :/

Steven
http://panic.com/
http://stevenf.com/