Re: [NTLK] Tablet PC Newton

From: oliver oli (smoerk_at_gmail.com)
Date: Fri Sep 09 2005 - 07:25:21 PDT

bill bennett wrote:
> My understanding is that the Tablet edition of Windows
> is overlaid on top of everyday XP. So in principal
> there shouldn't be a problem getting Linux to run on
> Tablet hardware -- though of course there are likely
> to be missing drivers and applications. This line of
> thinking potentially turns to custard if there are any
> proprietary MS hardware components in a Tablet PC.
> Could that be the case?

linux supports laptops very well. the only difference between a laptop
and a tablet-pc is the tablet that is integrated in the screens. these
tablets are wacom tablets, which are supported by the X server. i guess
that XP for Tablet-PC provides much better software that is written for
a pen based interface.