[NTLK] Diabetic Meal Planning Software for Newton

From: Jim Witte (jswitte_at_bloomington.in.us)
Date: Sat Sep 10 2005 - 10:35:51 PDT

Hello,

   What diabetic meal planning software is available for the Newton,
or do I have to write my own? (Yep, my immune system has decided to
declare war on my pancreas - nice, isn't it?) I need something that
will let me input ingredients/recipes with gram measurements for
carbohydrates and protein, at the least. Ideally, I'd like something
that would allow me to keep track of blood sugar and insulin, and
then find a previous meal that had approximately the same amount of
carbs/protein to estimate the insulin bolus.

   I know there is some out there, but can't find anything searching
UNNA, and the archives search function seems to be down..

Jim

"Insulin is not a cure. I want my beta cells, and I want them NOW!"
www.insulin-free.org