Re: [NTLK] Diabetic Meal Planning Software for Newton

From: Jim Witte (jswitte_at_bloomington.in.us)
Date: Sat Sep 10 2005 - 18:56:41 PDT

Hi,
   Yes, I would be interested. How does the dongle work? Does it
key to a particular Newton based on it's processor ID? I'm thinking
I could probably reverse engineer it (if only by hacing around to
replace the ID function in the ROM jumptable :) Although it probably
also uses one or more keys stored somewhere in a soup, and probably
the user data as well. Uugh.. Time to start working on that package
decompiler again..

   I wonder if the company (or whoever owns their IP) could be
persuaded to release it under GPL, like Burr Oak did with PMS?