[NTLK] Re(2): OT - Off topic - Photographers

From: John Hay (OceanCity_at_mac.com)
Date: Mon Sep 19 2005 - 12:22:13 PDT

Yes, OT, no more.

Speaking of sunsets this was exactly what I did yesterday at the beach
while shooting footage of surfers.
To get the best camera location I had to be a little ways into the
water. Of course camera's or electronics don't fare all that well in
salt water or sand, but as a quick solution I cut three pieces of ABS
pipe, sealed the ends, and then slid them onto my tripod. You would not
believe the crowd that was asking me over and over " ....... where did
you buy that? [the tripod leg protectors]. and "how much do they
cost?". What a riot.

As they say necessity is the mother of invention.

Over and out !

Oh yah, photo here:
www.1234zzzz.com/pub/WetLegs.jpg

9/19/05 Ed Kummel issued the following and I have taken literary
license to pass it along on a "Need to Know Basis" . . . ?