[NTLK] [NTLK] Getting text off an eMate

From: Andreas Nijenhuis (Andreas.nijenhuis_at_laposte.net)
Date: Tue Sep 20 2005 - 23:16:19 PDT

Hello Andrew,

There are basically four ways :

1) Just mail them out in the text-only format, and import them into your
desktop word processor. You'll lose text formatting in the process, though.

2) Mail the .nwt file to your desktop Mac, and use the Newton Works
Converter (on a Mac running OS 7, 8 or 9 or Classic, didn't test the
latter yet) to convert them from .nwt to rtf.

3) Use the eMate Classroom Exchange program (on a Mac running OS 7, 8 or
9 or Classic) to retrieve the .nwt file, and then convert it into rtf.

4) Use NCU (on a Mac running OS 7, 8 or 9 or Classic) to retrieve your
text in the rtf format (you'll lose graphics, though)

Word handles rtf very well, so the intermediate stage shouldn't be a =
problem.

I hope this helps, and let us now if you succeeded.

Best regards,

Andreas

Le mardi 20 septembre 2005, newtontalk_at_newtontalk.net
(newtontalk_at_newtontalk.net) a =E9crit :