Re: [NTLK] BT-001: Internal Bluetooth Card for MP2x00

From: Jake Bordens (newton_at_allaboutjake.com)
Date: Thu Sep 22 2005 - 03:44:15 PDT

It currently doesn't work with Blunt, but that doesn't mean that it
couldn't be made to use the OBEX transfer profiles. However, Blunt
compatibility wasn't my initial focus.

As I've mentioned, I've emailed Eckhart to see what his module design
is like and see if I can modify mine to be compatible.

The current design works fine as a "wireless bluetooth serial cable"
so anything that uses a serial cable could be made, in theory, to
work with this internal card.

The reason I designed it with a module with an AT command set is that
it works pretty much without any software at all. For example, "ATDT
<Bluetooth Address>" causes the thing to connect to another bluetooth
device, just like a modem. No software necessary. Ideally, the
newton's built-in modem functionality would be enough to drive the
thing... for serial connections only really.

Now, for those of you who rely on OBEX transfers and such, for now, I
can't really help much. One problem at a time. Ideally, I'll hear
back from Eckhart eventually and he'll have some suggestions for me.

Jake