[NTLK] Buffalo/MELCO WLI-PCM-L11GP one and the same?

From: Morgan Aldridge (makkintosshu_at_mac.com)
Date: Fri Sep 23 2005 - 18:20:36 PDT

I'm looking for a readily available and inexpensive 128-bit WEP capable
WiFi card for my Newton 2100 and stumbled across mention of the MELCO
WLI-PCM-L11GP on Hiroshi Noguchi's Driver Labo.

Googling for it pulls up this
(http://buffalo.melcoinc.co.jp/products/catalog/item/w/wli-pcm-l11gp/)
page (first hit) which clearly shows the Buffalo card
(http://www.buffalotech.com/products/product-detail.php?
productid=52&categoryid=7). This makes me think that Melco is the
Japanese name for the Buffalo brand (similar to AirPort being AirMac,
although that's a product not a company) or was bought out by Buffalo.

Also, Hiroshi Noguchi appears to refer to the MELCO WLI-PCM-L11 as the
Buffalo PCM-WLI-L11, so I'm guessing that's not just a coincidence.

Does anybody have any experience with the Buffalo/Melco WLI-PCM-L11GP
card and the Newton 2x00's? Is it, in fact, one and the same card?

Thanks,

Morgan Aldridge

--
morgant_at_makkintosshu.com