Re: [NTLK] [OT] Blind Courtesy Copies "How To" and why

From: Jason Self (jason.self_at_gmail.com)
Date: Tue Sep 27 2005 - 06:02:24 PDT

I sat in my chair for a bit after reading this, wondering if this post
was for real or not.

The easiest way (if you don't want to protect your private data such
as your name and e-mail address is to not provide anyone with the
information in the first place.

1.) Don't use an e-mail address that has your name in it (do something
like user2710_at_host.com.) There are many anonymous mail systems
available. Pick your favorite search engine & find some.
2.) Reconfigure your email client not to send your name when sending
email (enter your email address for your name or use an alias.)
3.) Don't put your name, website, email address, etc. in your
signature. Very few (if any) people will take the time to edit that
out.