Re: [NTLK] Going for a Newton

From: Ed Kummel <tech_ed_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Tue Aug 08 2006 - 11:16:55 EDT

I have StarChart2x00 on my download site. I even have the readme available:
  http://www.tek-ed.com/pkgdldr.cfm?type=1&index=65

  I also have Moon Phase:
  http://www.tek-ed.com/pkgdldr.cfm?type=1&index=253
  Unfortunatly, no readme, but it's rather self explanitory.

I'm going to be adding Planet Finder and Jupiters Moons later on today.

  Ed
  web/gadget guru
  Download Newton packages directly onto your Newton: http://newton.tek-ed.com

Tony Kan <tonykan@xtra.co.nz> wrote:
  I got to thinking about where all these astronomy programs might be:
Sky Guide: http://www.geocities.com/CapeCanaveral/Hall/7638/newton.html
Planet finder: http://members.aol.com/newtsprism/PlanetFinder/PlanetFinder.html
Moon: ?
Jupiter's moons: http://www.polar-orbit.com/
Moon map: ?
Precession: ?

Warm regards

Tony Kan

Christchurch
New Zealand

[snip]
binoculars, it looked _huge_. I wasn't sure what it was, so I pulled
out my Newton with Sky Guide,
[snip]

"There is a theory which states that if ever anyone discovers exactly what the Universe is for and why it is here, it will instantly disappear and be replaced by something even more bizarre and inexplicable. There is another theory which states that this has already happened."
 - Douglas Adams