Re: [NTLK] Newton bluetooth news

From: James Nichols <smilr_at_mac.com>
Date: Mon Aug 14 2006 - 01:01:46 EDT

-48406 error when I first tried to open the package - I had just
deleted Blunt and Bluetooth setup, and not yet rebooted. I also had
forgotten to remove the Bluetooth Devices the Soup.

I next removed the soup (by scrubbing it out in the Storage section
of Extras), the new bluetooth setup package, and rebooted before re-
installing Blunt 2.

I am now able to open the Bluetooth Setup package. In preferences
tapping the driver picker gives me a -48418 error, and there is no
name listed for the current driver selection. Changing the other
settings in the preferences have no effect on this. It DID however
find my old settings for discovery time, Speed, Location and Device
Name, despite my having scrubbed out the storage entry. I poked
around with the program Pie-Chart while all traces of Blunt and
Blunt2 were off of my system, and couldn't find any evidence of any
blunt related soups.

Whenever I try to press the Test or Start buttons I get the -48406
error again.

I am using an Ambicom BT2000-CF bluetooth card (purple antenna) in
the Ambicom branded PCMCIA-CF adapter in my mp2100. This card has
worked mostly problem free with Blunt 1. I am assuming for now that
my problem is that I am not using a PICO card.

J. Tyler Nichols