Re: [NTLK] Where to get MAC address?

From: Andrew Beals <bandy_at_beals.org>
Date: Mon Aug 14 2006 - 13:49:32 EDT

Plug it into a laptop.
        On an ibm compatible, Start -> Run -> cmd -> enter/return ->
ipconfig/all
                The address is listed as "physical address"
        On a MacOS X laptop, open a Terminal window, type ifconfig -a
                If the card is a recognized type (old 3Com cards aren't. )^:), then
the ether field for the card is the address. Hint: it isn't en0 or
en1. En0 is your built-in ethernet. En1 is your airport.

--
I gaze at the brilliant full moon.  The same one, I think to myself,
at which Socrates, Aristotle, and Plato gazed.  Suddenly, I imagine