Re: [NTLK] Newtscape not working?

From: Steve Weyer <saweyer_at_comcast.net>
Date: Fri Aug 18 2006 - 22:37:18 EDT

On Aug 18, 2006, at 7:09 PM, newtontalk@newtontalk.net wrote:

> Date: Fri, 18 Aug 2006 17:33:34 +0200 (CEST)
> From: Xenon Soft <xenon_soft@yahoo.es>
> Subject: [NTLK] Newtscape not working?
>
> Hi again!
>
> I've tried to install Newtscape, downloading it from
> it's website and installing ALL the required packages.
> The problem is that I always receive the -48210 error
> and I am not able to do anything.
>
> How can I do for resolve it? I have read the list
> archive but I didn't find a reasonable answer.
>
> Yours,
>
> Salva

in case a bad package wasn't the problem (per Ed's suggestion), it's
possible that the preference entry for Newt's Cape has gotten
corrupted. if you're careful, you can remedy this by opening the
System soup in your favorite soup editor/browser (not sure which are
still around these days...). navigate to entry with tag:
Newtscape:Newtscape -- then delete that entry. then start Newt's Cape
-- it should create a new preference entry with default values..

Steve
(Newt's Cape developer)
weyer@kagi.com
http://www.kagi.com/weyer/