Re: [NTLK] How to rename packages?

From: Ed Kummel <tech_ed_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Sat Aug 19 2006 - 01:25:10 EDT

I don't think that you can (somebody correct me though if I'm wrong)
  Book information is stored in a soup (I remember it called "Copperfield" or something) So the information about the book, including bookmarks and the last page you were reading is stored in this soup. While you can delete entries in this soup (which I recommend you do if you add and remove dozens of books), I'm not sure you can rename the entries.
  check out the Copperfield soup editor I have on my download site which you can get here:
  http://newton.tek-ed.com/pkgdldr.cfm?type=1&index=233
  be sure to check the readme for details concerning this package.
  Ed
  web/gadget guru

maynard@jmg.com wrote:

Hi,

I bought a 1gb cf card and have been going to town dling ebooks. Well,
problem is that often package titles don't describe book titles well. Is
there any way to rename the package title without deleting it on the
newton and reloading a modified package w/ new title?

I already have a couple hundred books on there (frozen of course) and
it's getting unruly. :) --M

Don't You Love Mistyping URL's....
....when they turn out to be pretty neat.
In this case I was trying for Engadget.com, and instead wound up at www.edgadget.com which appears to have lots of Newton software.
 - ProfessorF from the UK pcpro/macuser forum