Re: [NTLK] Newton -> iSync: Possible?

From: Roman Pixell [GMail] <roman.pixell_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue Aug 22 2006 - 00:59:32 EDT

i would say it is not possible to sync the newt properly to OS X.
there is nSync/NewtSync, but its not without flaws, especially when
it comes to large address books, notes and daylight savings. syncing
will never be like at the claris organizer time, you just have to
start living with that. if you want proper syncing, i would advise
you to go back to OS 9. i dont know what windows syncing is like, but
i remember both outlook and lotus notes being compatible.

a program could be written for a "manual sync". the newt could of
export the data needed, for example the address book and dump it as a
tab separated or .ics file on the desktop of an OS X machine. you
could then manually import and solve all the conflicts (addres book
is good at this) and if you would like to go the other way you would
simply need to erase the newt and use NewtSync. problem is, there is
no such app that could dump the whole address book as one file.

when it comes to dates, i dont know of any good solutions, which is
really the sole reason that i dont use the newt on a daily basis.

what regards isync modules, there is this link also, i remember
posting it to NTLK by the end of may: http://the.taoofmac.com/space/
HOWTO/Write%20iSync%20Phone%20Plugins

/ ®