Re: [NTLK] I know I'm not Crazy... (Newton Ethernet Q)

From: Joost van de Griek <jvdg_at_jvdg.com>
Date: Sat Aug 26 2006 - 10:07:20 EDT

On 8/23/06 5:20 PM, Victor Rehorst wrote:

> Chris Browder wrote:
>> Actually, thats all I think he used it for was for an AppleTalk
>> connection. I FINALLY found an article Victor wrote that says NIE 1.1
>> will support Ethernet LocalTalk connections (which is what I was going
>> for). I now know what I need to do!!
>
> Really? Where? It's not possible unless you have a very, very special card,
> the DaynaCOMM Roamer with a special access point.

If we're talking EtherTalk (AppleTalk over Ethernet), it is possible by
using a Farallon EtherWave adapter. This is a device that connects to the
Newton's LocalTalk (serial) port and has a built-in Ethernet hub that can
connect to an EtherTalk network.

,xtG
.tsooJ

--
You can live to be a hundred if you give up all the things
that make you want to live to be a hundred.