Re: [NTLK] MP 2100/OSX Connection FRUSTRATIONS!

From: <abruch_at_deakin.edu.au>
Date: Sun Aug 27 2006 - 06:52:12 EDT

> From: Sam Jacobson <jacobson98@earthlink.net>
> Subject: Re: [NTLK] MP 2100/OSX Connection FRUSTRATIONS!
--snip
> Thank you for the suggestion as I sincerely appreciate the help.
> Regretfully, though, now my G5 will not load NCU at all. Arg! I
> wonder if it may just be best to spend $50 and get an old Macintosh
> system, like the Classic, and run OS 7 natively? Would not this
> solve the problem naturally? Thoughts?
--endsnip
Sam, I have done something similar but not as Woody suggest with a
modern PCMCIA slot.
I have an old PowerMac 7200/120 that I have rigged up and put onto my
network via the ethernet /Appletalk connection (I think that is what
is there). I run OS 8.5 with 96MB RAM and it works fine as a SCSI
scanning station (with an Apple colorOne 600/72) and also double speed
CD burning (noisy and external). I run NCU and connect my MP2100 via
the dongle /printer cable.

I use my Tiger PB with the Newt via the PICO Blunt card from Adriano
but not often. I use iCal and my iPod or DS Lite for alarm clock or
PSP for web browsing or PICO and the Note It widget to the Bluetooth
phone. I guess I use my Newt mainly for text entry (handwriting more
than keyboard) and with Notes that I NCU to my old Mac. It is a bit of
a desk occupier but it works well and consistently and is not
emulating. I might try the MacBook emulation as mentioned in earlier
posts sometime but not for the moment.
hope this helps keep us posted and maybe we can help
cheers Ade

--
Adrian Bruch
Lecturer: The Digital Studio
Bachelor of Interactive Media,
School of Communication and Creative Arts
Deakin University [Burwood] Australia.
Phone: 03 924 46083 / Mobile 0419 359261
Website: http://www.deakin.edu.au
Deakin University CRICOS Provider Code 00113B (Vic)
Important Notice: The contents of this email are intended solely for the named
addressee and are confidential; any unauthorised use, reproduction or
storage of
the contents is expressly prohibited. If you have received this email
in error,
please delete it and any attachments immediately and advise the sender
by return
email or telephone.
Deakin University does not warrant that this email and any attachments
are error
or virus free.