Re: [NTLK] Looking for WiFi help.

From: Sam Jacobson <jacobson98_at_earthlink.net>
Date: Tue Aug 29 2006 - 05:07:01 EDT

Hello all,

  Thank for the continued help...

  At the moment I have most of the requiset configuration, however, I am still not clear on discerning what the WEP hexadecimal should be for my Lucent WaveLAN Gold card (I use a D-Link DGL-4300 wireless router for my G5 and XBOX with no problems). Also, I noticed on the Lucent card's slip that I cannot change the Channel as it only reads "1 (ignored)."

  Further, on my router I never recall giving it a name of any kind, thus how do I select a SSID?

  Finally I would like to use my Newton with various wireless areas around my town, thus do I just need to select the roaming and power management options?

  Once I make these changes am I ready to try a program like NetHopper?

  Thank you!