Re: [NTLK] Problem: screen sensitivity

From: <maynard_at_jmg.com>
Date: Tue Aug 29 2006 - 17:34:43 EDT

On Tue, 29 Aug 2006, Lord Groundhog wrote:

> What do I need to do to make this right? I'm very dependent upon my 2100!

   Yeah. I've had my newt for only ~ a month now and I use it every day as
an ebook reader. I carry it with me everywhere. It saves my back from
carrying multiple books. For that alone, it's a life saver.

   OK, so I see two solutions:

  * This dude sells new backlights and digitizers: http://www.adago.net
Other than the fact that he's a decent guy, nobody on list seems to know
much about the product. I'm going to buy one and post on list just how
well the installation process went.

  * I just bought a cheap barebones 2100 for $37.50 + $5 shipping from
this dude: https://www.jksalesinc.com. It's probably in pretty rough
shape, but as long as the electronics, LCD panel, and case are OK it makes
a good backup or parts machine. This guy also sells newts:
http://www.newtonsales.com. Can't speak for either of them, but will soon
know the results from my J&K purchase.

  I think you're going to have to replace the digitizer. Or buy a new
newt. If you have commercial software tied to your current newt, I'd
recommend buying parts and fixing the unit. Who knows if you can transfer
registered copies of all your software to the new unit...

  Oh yeah, J&K also offers repairs on their site. Again, I have no
experience with either of these vendors, so... *shrug* --M