Re: [NTLK] Printing via WLAN to Brother HL-2070N

From: Martin Joseph <NT_at_stillnewt.org>
Date: Thu Aug 31 2006 - 01:50:18 EDT

On Aug 30, 2006, at 5:04 PM, Frank Gruendel wrote:

> Hi folks,
>
> not that I'd have any time to try it, but still...
>
> Lately I've been contemplating trying to print to my Brother HL-2070N
> printer via WLAN from my Newton. Would that be wasted time? For
> example
> because the Newton always uses the AppleTalk protocol (??) that the
> HL-2070N might not support (??)
>
> The HL-2070 is connected to my DrayTek router, and printing to it
> wirelessly
> works fine from my Pismo Mac. My Newton's WLAN card (Lucent Silver)
> works just
> dandy with this router.

If you have an OSX mac (Pismo could be one?) running a newer version
of OSX, you can use the printer sharing option in OSX, and then use
Eckhart and Paul's LPR printer driver for Newton.

This will cause the Newton to print wirelessly to the Mac, which will
then push the data to the printer.

If the printer has built in Postscript you could also print directly
to the printer (most likely).

Hope this helps,
Marty