Re: [NTLK] Recharging disposable AA batteries?

From: Tony Morrow <gizmo1482_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu Dec 07 2006 - 18:14:08 EST

On Dec 7, 2006, at 4:07 PM, Sonny Hung wrote:

> Hey, did you have any issues ejecting the Tray? or did it just need a
> slight slap to the side to slip out the tray as we discussed?

Actually I hadn't ejected the tray since I confirmed the batteries
worked. Testing it just now the sled slides without a problem in and
out of the Newton.

> Not bad, I've been using 2400mAh NiMH AA's and getting round a month
> as I usually use it for less intensive activities which don't drain my
> cells so much... such as WiFi and not too much gaming as I did in the
> past to keep myself preoccupied...

I think the first charge I tested lated 3 weeks and the batteries
still had about 20% power left. I wanted to make sure I got a good
cycle so I ended up running the wifi for 1.5 hours with Newtscape.
Finally the Newton powered down. So I know the batteries will last a
good 3 weeks and could stretch them to a month.

So: Sonny's Rev 2 modified battery tray + good set of NIHM batteries
= One awesome power source for the Newton