Re: [NTLK] [FS or T] Mac and newton related gear

From: Sonny Hung <sonnyhung_at_gmail.com>
Date: Fri Dec 15 2006 - 09:06:11 EST

Hm....
eBay & PayPal....

eBay - a forum to sell and buy.....

'caveat emptor' - if you sell or buy you've got to protect yourself.
If you get bit, then you've got to look over the transaction and see
what else you could have done to prevent it. eBay has some forms of
protection, but the best is a astute seller/buyer. And IF it just
doesn't look right pass on it...

Overcharging is a major problem - I often just pass on any auction
that charges too much. If one is not willing to do that it will
continue to promote those seller who pad the price or list it in that
manner.

Many people have an issue but don't take all the steps to protect
oneself such as asking the questions, or even looking into the
feedback and transactions that were completed. I sometimes will ask
around if anyone has dealt with a particular buyer or seller...

No guarantee but err on caution has been my motto.

Beyond that communicate clearly back and forth...

PayPal - it's changed so much now that eBay actually owns them.
One suggestion for those who want to consider using PayPal and if
where they are situated allows is to use a FREE PayPal Account. It has
limitations but doesn't get charged with most of the fees other than
maybe the international exchange rate which no one can avoid now that
we are becoming truly a global economy...
BTW - using this account prevents you from being bitten by the stolen
credit card worries.

These are my 2 cents on the topic...

--
God bless,