[NTLK] OT software value vs cost WAS:New user question about CF cards

From: William Pociengel <hseldon_at_my.wgu.edu>
Date: Sun Dec 17 2006 - 12:34:33 EST

Russell,Allen wrote:
> I have to express my disagreement with you. Even if Paul did promise an
> update, when I buy software, I buy it for what it can do today. If they've
> promised a feature in the future, I will wait until that feature is
> available, and then buy the software.
> Allen
<snip>

I must fully agree with this comment. I pay what is asked for ANYTHING
based on whether or not i feel that it is worth the asking price.

Many of you bought your newtons for a few hundred dollars at most. I an
others paid $1000 USD and $1100 USD for my 2000 and my 2100 newtons. I
felt then and do now that I was paying a fair price. hmmm should I be
irritated that the 2200 was never built? how about that the platform was
killed? I'm STILL happy about having spent that much $$ at the time as
it provided me with the value I wanted.

If you feel that $66 is to much then it's a simple answer don't buy it.
If someone asks you what you think then lets just provide the answer to
the question they asked. It works as advertised or it does not. Then it
is a simple matter of does that functionality merit the price FOR YOU!

It really matters not what it cost to develop (I wouldn't pay you squat
for wince despite the fact that it cost MS millions to develop). does it
provide YOU with what you want at a price you are willing to pay.

I pay for what something does at the tie I buy it for the simple fact
that companies go out of business, get new direction and people die. ALL
impact what could be so why worry about what could happen and focus on
what is. seems simple enough to me. \\btw I bought a simple front end to
the mac os firewall called Impasse, paid for it and a couple of months
later after the company changed direction you'd never know they were
associated with it. but it does what it was supposed to do for the price
I was wiling to pay for it.

enough
william

--
special knowledge can be a terrible disadvantage if it leads you too far
along a path that you cannot explain anymore.