[NTLK] New user question about CF cards

From: Russell,Allen <Allen.Russell_at_boc.com>
Date: Fri Dec 15 2006 - 16:19:57 EST

I have to express my disagreement with you. Even if Paul did promise an
update, when I buy software, I buy it for what it can do today. If they've
promised a feature in the future, I will wait until that feature is
available, and then buy the software.
Allen
------------------------------
>Date: Fri, 15 Dec 2006 07:44:26 +0900
>Subject: Re: [NTLK] New user question about CF cards
>From: James Wages <james@kiramek.com>
>After my post yesterday and the comments from Mr. Speake, I had little
doubt in my mind that
>a wave of zealous support for the ATA driver would flow forth from this
list. And such
>support is, on a certain level, appropriate in light of Paul's other
software efforts. But
>keep in mind that simply because Paul's other Newton software efforts are
good or even
>outstanding, such does not directly translate into magically making ALL his
software
>flawless. It's rather like saying ALL the works of a famous painter are
"masterpieces" only
>because the painter became famous over time for his later works. The
numerous points
>presented by folks "happy" with ATA Support only masks the problems of ATA
Support and works
>to maintain "the Status Quo." Such dialog does nothing to provoke CHANGE
for ATA Support.
>And change is needed, even if our Newton hardware never does change.
>I must therefore agree with Mr. Speake in that (a) ATA Support is in need
of an update, and
>(b) ATA Support would have more interest (cash-paying buyers) if it was
updated at least once
>a year -- ONCE A Y-E-A-R! That is by no means asking much in light of the
fact an update was
>quite clearly promised to me 3 years ago by the author of ATA Support.
(And I do NOT want to
>hear any, "Well, the man's been busy, you see..." excuses either.)

<snip>

>Best,
>James Wages

The information contained in this email and any attachments may be confidential and is provided solely for the use of the intended recipient(s). If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any disclosure, distribution, or use of this e-mail, its attachments or any information contained therein is unauthorised and prohibited. If you have received this in error, please contact the sender immediately and delete this e-mail and any attachments.

No responsibility is accepted for any virus or defect that might arise from opening this e-mail or attachments, whether or not it has been checked by anti-virus software.