[NTLK] BarCode Scanner ::: Route to Newton

From: John <OceanCity_at_mac.com>
Date: Mon Dec 25 2006 - 12:58:01 EST

Just got via FedEx a SERIALio LaserChamp bluetooth barcode hand-scanner.

<http://www.1234zzzz.com/pub/BcScnr.jpg>
<http://serialio.com/>

Top URL is photo I just took of it.
Next URL is the vendor site.

It's totally freestanding and/or wireless and/or can be tethered via
copper wires to a serial RS-232 plug, presumably cross-all-platforms.

So, I don't have BT and not going to on my Newton (of course this might
just work transparently to upload from the scanner to the Newton w/o
even lifting a finger ;-) but in lieu of this I wonder if I can
interface the RS-232 [female, not that that matters] plug or pins into
my Newton via some kind of an easy plug-and-play off-the-shelf solution
or do I need to get my soldering iron out?

peace,

John