Re: [NTLK] serial port

From: John <OceanCity_at_mac.com>
Date: Thu Dec 28 2006 - 09:01:49 EST

>Is there a way to use this phone with the Newton?

My comment here is probably of no use as you clearly state your cable is USB.

That said, I distinctly recall [and this may or may not be obvious to
others as de facto knowledge regarding Newtons and cellphones] one day
while I was in Princeton with my Newton 2100 in 1998 hooking my
cellphone to my Newton and doing "something", perhaps faxing, perhaps
browsing, I forget now.

In any event, I do recall the Newton had a fax/modem PC card with the
push-in spring-out standard RJ-11/15 phone jack.

Then a cable ran from my phone, which was probably a StarTac, to the
Newton. It worked great, albeit slow.

You probably already have done this but if not scour the Net via search
engines for another cable topology for your Samsung 900, etc., right?

Best of luck, never give up, never,

John