Re: [NTLK] serial port

From: Zwerling <mail_at_zwerling.ns.ca>
Date: Thu Dec 28 2006 - 10:08:25 EST

Thanks for the feedback. I was pretty sure my idea was impractical. I
had a reasonable arrangement with the modem card and old cell phone,
but that is no longer an option. Old cell phones don't stand up like
old Newtons! I was hoping for a a900 cable that would attach the
phone to my card modem, but that does not appear to exist, nor have I
found any diagrams for making one.

I have been considering, as a solution to my connectivity issues, a
move to a 2100 with a bluetooth and/or a wifi card, but to be honest,
I hate to admit that my MP130 is finally obsolete. It just doesn't
seem right somehow. (Talk about sentimentalism! But then I still have
a 1975 BMW motorcycle and a 1970 Land Rover that continue to serve me
well. I no longer have the DEC pdp11-23+ or the TI-99a though, so I'
am progressing - I think.)

Well, I know all the advantages of a move to a 2100: more processor,
more memory, more connectivity options, but I have always liked the
size, feel and functionality of the 130.

I'll just have to learn to let go.

Stephen Zwerling

Nova Scotia, Canada