Re: [NTLK] FS: Apple Newton Poster (1993) Limited Edition

From: mkow1234_at_aol.com
Date: Wed Feb 01 2006 - 15:08:11 PST

February 1, 2006

I agree with Jon Glass on this issue. It's one thing to occasionally
offer up some computer relic to get a bit of cash or to keep one's
accumulated junk at a level that won't get the woman mad.

It's quite another thing to use the www.newtontalk.net web site to
leverage business for your personal eBay wh_at_ring enterprise. The
contest idea smelled of commando marketing tactics. Our community does
not exist solely to fill some would-be entrepeneur's pockets.

I'd also have to say that there have not been too many other characters
of this ilk.
Mark J. was one, but he's done with that now.

So, selling a spare Newton part now and then? That's fine.

PRETENDING to be somebody who contributes something tangible to the
community? No thanks.

Matt K.

===================================

Jon Glass schreef:
> On 2/1/06, Knowledge Navigator <knowledgenavigator_at_gmail.com> wrote:
>
>>Disclaimer: For those of you whom have already seen this offering,
please
>>skip over this message.
>

> Ferdi- this list is not your personal marketplace. Let's just say
that we
> don't want a repeat of past discussions on this list re: your business
> practices. I don't think you would fare too well in such a
discussion. So,
> please, let's keep your business off this list. We can't and don't
want to
> control eBay, but this list is a different matter.

That's baloney; other people post their offers on this list without so
much as a remark.

You may not like Ferdi, but you could at least have the intellectual
honesty not to apply double standards. So, either let Ferdi offer his
merchandise or post the same reply to any other NTLK-member who offers
an item for sale on this list.

Karel Jansens