Re: [NTLK] Relative 'speeds' of various Newtons

From: Sonny Hung (sonnyhung_at_gmail.com)
Date: Mon Feb 06 2006 - 22:01:21 PST

On 2/6/06, Paul Curtis <MicroSSG_at_comcast.net> wrote:

> Speed chipped MP2x000's, there used to be a "kit" for this. Can they still
> be had or is it only buying the faster oscillator chip and do it your
> self?
> Seems to me I should know this off the top of my head... I'm gonna fall
> back
> on the 2 and 3 year old robbing me and the wife of sleep for the last 3+
> years....

Yeah, I hear where you are coming from... my first day with our new son left
me with maybe if I was fortunate 1 hour of sleep.

Well back to your question - the KIT was put out by PIXsolution Group in
Germany. It costs currently 119 Euros, plus installation and shipping.
There is NO warranty unless you have them install it by their personnel
(maybe if you get a qualified person where you are located to do the
soldering) as the installation in not for the faint of heart (as it requires
several fine wires to be attached at various locations).

 They may have a few units left when I asked, but IF not they can fabricate
more if the demand justifies the need.

I suggest that you do the Turbo Switch as it's more cost effective.
You should be able to find the installation instructions, and parts
list online.
Since much of the information is old, many of the vendors don't sell the
parts or don't know the parts to help you get the correct ones. I should
know I tried the major online vendors and they were of no help till you
found a sale/technician who knew about the particular parts you will need.

I'm not selling the KITS, but I do have a few that I was going to use for a
few more personal upgrades. These will be more costly than buying them
yourself since this way you don't have to do the homework... If you want it
cheap YOU do the search yourself... there are many suggestions online as to
what parts to use ... I'm likely going to use them up for personal Turbo
installs but at a later time... (IF no one asks for them of course.) Contact
me Off-List if interested in the parts kit, and for other questions..

--
God bless,
Sonny Hung