[NTLK] Where to find versions of nSync

From: david.gibson (david.gibson_at_wap.org)
Date: Fri Feb 10 2006 - 11:35:02 PST

I looked in the wiki

At
http://tools.unna.org/wikiwikinewt/index.php/MacJournal
And noticed the reference to nSync for OSX
I used the wayback machine to find the web page and download

nSync0.3.2.dmg.gz

And some related packages.
TextSync0.3.tar.gz
ToDoSync0.3.tar.gz
AddressSyncPlus_0.4.car.gz

However, stuffit expander will not recognize them as unpackable files.

Does anyone have versions they can email me ?
Or the location on UNNA where they exist ?

I also noticed that when I downloaded NewtSync, it had the nSync name on the
diskimage. There was only NewtSync inside. Is NewtSync a later version of
nSync ? And if so is there any way to upload and download note files with
it?

Alternatively, does anyone have an OSX way of uploading and downloading TXT
and RTF files to and from NOTES on the Newton ?

Thanks,
David Gibson

Ps. The readme for nSync starts with

Glass Onion Software
presents nSync 0.3.3
A synchronization tool for the Newton

A little background:
nSync is an opensource project started by John Anderson. It is a tool for
moving information between a Newton and a Mac running OS X. nSync is plugin
based and therefore very versatile and expandable. The basic app includes
address book and calendar syncing capabilities. But much more can be done
with nSync via various plugins.

Easy as ¼:

Installation
The nSync application can go anywhere on your harddrive. The file nSync.pkg
is a Newton application that needs to be installed on your Newton in order
to communicate with your Mac. Any additional plugins that you want to make
available to nSync need to be located at
~/Library/Application Support/nSync/Plug-ins