Re: [NTLK] (Slightly OT) Power via USB

From: Richard (newtontalk_at_rssternberg.org)
Date: Mon Jan 02 2006 - 07:11:31 PST

Your assumption sounds correct, and I bought a cheap car plug to
charge my iPod on the road through its USB cable. Two different iPods
consistently but intermittently freeze and crash immediately after
using it. I am not an engineer, and I have no explanation. Perhaps
one of the wire leads is shorted or insufficiently soldered resulting
in out-of-spec resistance. Whatever the cause, I have discarded the
plug. Of course, with a better plug from a more reliable source, YMMV.

-- Richard