Re: [NTLK] Net time

From: Michael Blazer (m.blazer_at_utoronto.ca)
Date: Wed Jan 04 2006 - 16:19:25 PST

Roland Roberts wrote:

>Funny you should ask....
>
>I was trying to get it to work a few days ago and it doesn't seem to be
>doing anything for me even though I set it to us *my* timesever here on
>my home LAN. I'm a bit confused about the "max acceptable minutes
>different" parameter, but tried forcing the time on my Newton to be
>wrong by an amount both less than and greater than that amount and in
>neither case did it sync :-(
>
>roland

I've also noticed that it doesn't work anymore, but I thought it was
just me. Very mysterious, given that Roland was using a known valid
timeserver.

I think that parameter means "don't bother resetting Newton clock unless
it's out by more than this". In other words, it controls whether the
sync happens, not how accurate the sync is. But I'm not sure. Anyway,
I did the same experiment and it didn't work either way.

Michael