Re: [NTLK] (Semi-OT) Help with a WACOM Tablet

From: Daniel Jagendorf (bufoamer_at_nyct.net)
Date: Sun Jan 08 2006 - 01:46:28 PST

On Jan 7, 2006, at 11:14 PM, newtontalk_at_newtontalk.net wrote:

> Date: Sat, 7 Jan 2006 22:34:49 -0500
> From: Sonny Hung <sonnyhung_at_gmail.com>
> Subject: [NTLK] (Semi-OT) Help with a WACOM Tablet
>
> Hey List!
>
> This is definitely (Semi-OT) as denoted.
> I'm now in possesion of a WACOM Tablet - Model SD-113E 12x18
> I've been able to track down the last good driver for OS9.2.2 for
> my Wallstreet.
> However it seems I'm missing a cable. The tablet has a DB9 which
> probably requirea a DB9 to MiniDIN 8 (or is that DB)? I'd need to
> track down a cable or a PINOUT so I can make a cable... ANY help
> appreciated..
I own an artz II Wacom tablet of similar size. The cable is extra
special in that the power cord plugs into it (tablets that size
require external power; the serial end of the cable is built out to
take the pin).
  Wacom drivers are notorious for being bad. I would suggest
searching Versiontracker.com to confirm the last working version.

> Unfortunate for me this Tablet is missing in addition to the cable the
> Stylus.. :( if anyone knows of one it would be appreciated... I've
> got the holder at least and three replacement tips :)
  If you might be interested in the whole deal (tablet, cable,
stylus, 4 button mouse) contact me off-list. Otherwise please feel
free to contact me for questions, photos, etc..

Dan Jagendorf