Re: [NTLK] Anyone using LPR Driver?

From: Victor Rehorst (victor_at_newtontalk.net)
Date: Thu Jan 12 2006 - 06:40:23 PST

Roland Roberts wrote:
> Hmmm, it looks like it works fine after I changed the setting to "spool
> before sending." Well, mostly fine. My outline notes all have funny
> "overscores" above the bullets, but I can live with that....

Brother's PostScript interpreter isn't that great. I believe they haven't
officially licensed the spec from Adobe or something, because in all the
documentation I've ever seen they call it "BR-Script2". That's probably the
reason for the weird output. Have a Brother HL-1270N here at the office but
never bothered even trying to print to it from the Newt, because right next to
it is an HP Color LJ4500 which has always worked great.