Re: [NTLK] Einstein on a Simpad

From: Daniel Padilla (dproldan_at_telefonica.net)
Date: Sat Jan 21 2006 - 12:08:38 PST

>> And 800x600 pixels!
>>http://dev.newtontalk.net/~dpadilla/images/photo_010105_033538.jpg
>
> Daniel, that's *sweet*!
> Sent me straight off to eBay looking for Simpads.
> They go around ¤150/160, seems reasonable. What
> about the battery life on these thingies, I see
> quotes of two hours only... and a little short on
> FLASH too.

   Flash in these units are meant to store the OS and 5-6 MB of persistent
user data only.

    Take a look here http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Simpad for more specs and
choose only the SL4/SLC models, they go for 200-250 EUR.

    Of course, the machine is old, but still has a nice desing, the
screen is beautiful and the battery life not bad, about 4 hours of wireless
web surfing (has a superb web browser).

Daniel