Re: [NTLK] [NTLK] Data exchange via Bluetooth

From: Michael Blazer <m.blazer_at_utoronto.ca>
Date: Mon Jun 05 2006 - 16:47:43 EDT

Quoting Andreas <MessagePad2000@laposte.net>:

> Hi Izabella,
>
> Bluetooth is quite a nice option for data exchange between iCal and
> Adress Book and the Newton.

> Le dimanche 4 juin 2006, newtontalk@newtontalk.net
> (newtontalk@newtontalk.net) a écrit :
>
> >From: Alex Santos <izabella.misiewiczsantos@neostrada.pl>
> >Subject: [NTLK] iCal and AddressBook OSX to NOS
> >Date: Mon, 5 Jun 2006 02:08:07 +0200
> >
> >Does amy one know how I should go about getting my address book
> >contacts and iCal calendars to my Newton?

I just got my Newton + Pico card setup working and it is very nice. Many thanks to the
software developers and instructors who made it possible - and to Adriano for relaying
the Pico cards to my side of the Atlantic.

I found that I had to send my Names to OS X AddressBook in batches. It seemed that
about two screenfuls in overview mode (about 50 names) was the most the Newton could
handle without giving an out-of-memory error. 50 at a time isn't so bad, except for
having to tick all those little boxes manually!

With iCal I had the same problem, plus another one: Repeating meetings appeared to
transfer over Bluetooth, but never showed up at all in iCal, no matter which format I
selected for sending.

Anyone have any tips for getting around these problems?

Michael