Re: [NTLK] Emate

From: Ralph Glatt <julian814_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Sat Jun 10 2006 - 08:50:28 EDT

That's what I did myself, and it's sound advice. It's pretty hard to find a
sale on eBay that has everything, but if you stick around here, you should
eventually be able to find everything you need. All in all, it shouldn't
cost much more than $100 to get everything you need. If you want, I'll see
if I can find the URLs to a couple of places that talk about things you can
do yourself for your eMate, like replace the batteries in it with NiCADs and
fix the spring on the hinge. The only bad thing I've ever found with the
eMate is the lack of games and educational software for it. For a computer
that was supposed to be for educational purposes, it has very few
educational programs for it. Then again, it was only out for something like
a year or so before they discontinued it. :-(

Ralph Glatt